What Is ‘Lost Ark’?
Lost Ark is a free-to-play game that pairs the best of ARPG combat and MMO depth to create a vast, vibrant world with thrilling fights, endless customization, and endless adventure.
Unless you have been watching streamers from other parts of the globe — where the title has been available for years — there’s a good chance that you won’t know much about Lost Ark. With that being said, here’s a quick crash course.
Lost Ark is an isometric 2.5D fantasy massively multiplayer online action role-playing game (MMOARPG). It is co-developed by Tripod Studio and Smilegate’s game development subsidiary Smilegate RPG.
It was fully released in the South Korean region on December 4, 2019.The game is releasing in European and North American regions on February 11, 2022, where it will be published by Amazon Games.
Lost Ark won six game awards in various categories at the Korea Game Awards 2019. Developing the game cost about $85.4 million.
‘Lost Ark’, the first third-party title from Amazon Games, enters Closed Beta
Amazon Games, a division of Amazon. com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), and Smilegate RPG today announced the Closed Beta for the award-winning MMOARPG Lost Ark is now live and runs through November 11, 2021. Players can sign up now at playlostark.com for a chance to play the game before its official launch in early 2022 on Steam for PC.
Can you play Lost Ark right now?
Lost Ark is a popular free-to-play online game from Seoul-based Smilegate RPG with millions of active players in Korea, Russia, and Japan. The game has been lauded for its unique hybrid of the MMO and ARPG genres, beautiful visuals, thrilling hack-and-slash gameplay, and wide variety of gameplay modes. This stunning game has won many awards, including the Presidential Prize at the 2019 Korea Game Awards. Amazon Games is bringing this expansive game to North America and Europe* for the first time.
Lost Ark: Director’s Trailer
How Much Does ‘Lost Ark’ Cost?
Is Lost Ark free?
Unlike most other MMORPGs (but similar to EVE Online) Lost Ark is a free-to-play experience without a subscription fee, and you don’t have to pay a cent to join its servers.
However, it is monetized through other transactions. For instance, you can buy various packs that unlock skins, supply crates and crystal currencies.
How to Get Early Access to ‘Lost Ark’
While the game doesn’t properly unlock until Friday, you can get a head start by purchasing one of its “Founder’s Packs.”
These premium bundles come in four separate tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum) which we have detailed below. In addition to their contents, purchasing one of the packs will also entitle you to Lost Ark early access.
You Can Pre-Download Lost Ark
Lost Ark will be out this Friday, though anyone can get things rolling by pre-downloading the game as of today. To count down the days through launch, Amazon also has a list of launch week events, “Ark Week”, that begin today as well.
Is Lost Ark playable on Steam?
The Lost Ark early access is available with the Lost Ark Founder’s Pack on Steam. There are a total of four Founder’s packs of the game, including the Bronze Founder’s Pack ($14.99), the Silver Founder’s Pack ($24.99), the Gold Founder’s Pack (49.99) and the Platinum Founder’s Pack ($99.99).
Where can I download Lost Ark?
Once Lost Ark launches, you can download the game on Steam. You can also purchase Founder’s Packs on the Amazon or Steam websites.
How to play the MMO with the controller
Fancy jumping into the MMO Lost Ark for release on February 11, but want to spare your carpal tunnel? Then we have good news for you: You can play the entire online role-playing game with a controller of your choice.
In this guide, we explain how you connect it to Lost Ark and how the action RPG plays with it.
Which controllers are compatible?
In the Lost Ark game menu, we only find the information that Xbox controllers are supported. But we were also able to play the MMO with a PS4 Dualshock without any problems. Some players also report that they have already played Lost Ark with the PS5 controller and gamepads.
A small disadvantage for non-Xbox users: However, the key assignments are always displayed in the game for the Xbox layout. So you have to rethink which Xbox button corresponds to which button on your controller.
Connect controller to Lost Ark
Sometimes it’s very simple: just plug it in. start playing However, if that doesn’t work right away, there are a few settings you can turn around.
First, open your Steam app and click on “Steam” in the top left and then on “Settings”. Open the »General Controller Settings« here. Make sure that the correct configuration wizard for your controller is selected here.
Lost Ark settings
If your controller still doesn’t work in-game, it’s possible that controller support is turned off. You can switch this on and off at any time in the options. Press the escape key to get to the menu and select the gear for the settings. Under the Gamepad tab, click the Interact tab. Here you can now check the “Use gamepad” box, which activates controller support.
How does Lost Ark play with the controller?
Run and Dodge: Use the left stick to move your character. Use the X button (PlayStation) or the A button (Xbox) to perform your dodge roll.
Abilities: Your character’s abilities activated with Q, W, E, R, and A, S, D, F on the keyboard are distributed to the controller’s left shoulder buttons. Hold LB/L1 to choose an ability from the top row and LT/L2 to choose from the bottom row. Each of the skills is also distributed over the keys A, B, X, Y (Xbox) or X, circle, square, triangle (PlayStation).
So if you want to use the ability assigned to the Q key on the keyboard, you press LB+X (Xbox controller) or L1+Square (PlayStation controller).
If you use an ability that requires you to select an opponent with the mouse, Lost Ark supports you when playing with the controller with an auto-lock function. You can then use RT/R2 to jump back and forth between enemies.
What are Lost Ark Founder’s Packs?
Well, essentially, they’re bonus packages that give you different things for your new game. They’re tiered from bronze to platinum, with each pack adding progressively more features to start your game off strong, along with some nifty exclusives.
Having all these different Lost Ark pre-order packs to choose from might be a daunting task for some, so we’ve broken down each one clearly so that you know exactly what you’re going to get from them. We hope it helps you to find the right pack for you.
Lost Ark Bronze Founder’s Pack
This is the cheapest of the pre-order packs, and it’s available for $14.99. You’ll still get the game and a ton of bonuses, so if you’re shopping on a budget, this one might be for you. It contains:
- Head Start: players with Head Star will be able to access the game tomorrow (three days ahead of the official launch on February 11), with pre-loads starting today.
- Founder’s Exclusive Pet: a cute furry companion for your player character which will not be available to those who purchase the game after its launch.
- 30 Day Crystalline Aura: the Crystalline Aura gives your character several stat boosts, which will help make the game a lot easier for you at first. These include bonuses like increased recovery time and reduced prices for in-game shops.
- Founder’s Title: player’s who purchase a Founder’s Pack will forever be granted the Founder’s Title, letting all who encounter you in the game for years to come know that you have been there since the start.
Lost Ark Silver Founder’s Pack
The next pack is a $10 jump from the bronze, at $24.99. Here’s what the extra ten bucks will get you:
- All bonuses included in the Bronze Founder’s Pack.
- 1,000 Royal Crystals: these are Lost Ark’s premium currency. Starting out with 1,000 of them will put you in a good position to start buying up useful in-game items.
- Silver Supply Crate: this includes the following items
- 30 Resurrection Feathers: these can bring you back to life if you die.
- 10,000 Silver: silver is earnable in-game and can be used to buy equipment and supplies.
- Adventurer’s Equipment Crate: this contains a number of weapons and pieces of armour that will serve you well in the early days of your adventure.
- Gatherer’s Tool Crate: this gives you a selection of handy tools which will help you to gather valuable resources.
- Four Adventurer’s Ascent Chests: a level 20, 30, 40 and 50 chest, each one filled with Silver, healing items and other useful things.
Amazon Games and Smilegate RPG today announced the award-winning MMOARPG Lost Ark will be available in North America and Europe on PC in 2022. Players can sign up now at playlostark.com to learn more about the game and the upcoming beta, coming later this summer.
Also read :
- FNAF, Is Golden Freddy In Security Breach? + Five Nights at Freddy’s 2
- What are the most Popular Online Game? + The Top 10 Most-Downloaded Games
- What are the Best unblocked sites? How do you get games unblocked at school?
- What Unblocked Games to Play? + Top 100 Free Online games
- Don’t Trust Gregory in FNAF Security Breach! Who is the crying child ?