What is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2?
It is a unique blend of FPS, immersive sim and horror with a really thick atmosphere. One of the biggest open-worlds to date is yours to explore – along with an epic branching story with multiple endings.
Which platform is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 going to be released on?
The game will be released simultaneously on PC and Xbox series X/S. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl will be available at Steam, Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store, Xbox Store and in Game Pass on day one. You’ll be able to make a preorder wherever it’s more comfortable for you. But our team will be much obliged to pre-ordering at our website www.stalker2.com.
GSC Game World has announced that Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl will be delayed to 2023. The developers said the delay is understandable given the challenges the Ukraine-based studio is facing due to Russia’s invasion.
In a tweet, GSC Game World said “Given the scale and significance of the project for fans, our team is moving the release to 2023. This will give us time to bring the game to the level we envision.”
The studio is based in Kyiv, Ukraine’s capital city. Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine in late February 2022, and Kyiv suffered heavy attacks in the initial weeks of the war.
GSC Game World did not provide any specifics on how the invasion has impacted development of Stalker 2. But the disruption and destruction affecting the lives of Ukrainian citizens, as well as adjustments to working conditions, have likely presented significant challenges for the studio.
Fans have been supportive of the delay, with many replying to the studio’s tweet saying they understand given the situation. Most fans expressed hope that GSC Game World’s team is staying safe and wished them the best.
The delay of Stalker 2’s release to 2023 is surely related to the impact of Russia’s invasion on the Ukrainian developers. Given the immense challenges facing the entire country, this type of disruption for businesses and creative endeavors is understandable. The safety of GSC Game World’s team members is the top priority.
Fans Urged Not to View or Share Any Leaked Materials
• GSC Game World said the hackers were able to access and compromise “some of our leaked information intended for internal testing of various game aspects.” They asked fans not to view or share any leaked materials.
Vulnerability Exploited by Russian Hackers for Almost a Year and a Half
- While GSC did not explicitly blame Russian hackers, the timeline of over a year and a half of “constant cyberattacks” fits and the leaked files were shared on a Russian social media site.
- However, the administrator of that Russian site claims they just distributed an existing leak, not that they created it themselves. Someone else allegedly cracked the stolen code first.
- As a Ukrainian studio, GSC is a likely target for political attacks from Russian hackers given the current situation between the two countries.
Unreleased Console Port of Stalker
- In August 2022, a purported console port of the original Stalker game was leaked by a Russian streamer who was reportedly unhappy about GSC raising funds to support Ukrainian soldiers fighting against Russia.
The release date of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl is set for the 2023, and it is now available for preorder via stalker2.com/preorder