Gaijin Entertainment’s popular military vehicle MMO War Thunder is currently facing a wave of negative ‘review bomb’ feedback from frustrated fans, just ahead of its 10-year anniversary celebrations. The backlash began earlier this month after Gaijin implemented several controversial changes to the in-game economy. These tweaks significantly reduced the amount of Silver Lions currency and […]
war thunder steam charts
War Thunder is a very popular free-to-play vehicular combat MMO game developed by Gaijin Entertainment. It has been available on Steam since 2013.
War Thunder Steam Charts Guide: Player Count History and Analysis
Let’s take a look at War Thunder’s player count history and Steam charts:
War Thunder’s all-time peak on Steam was 172,407 concurrent players in February 2020. This indicates the massive popularity the game enjoys.
In general, War Thunder’s player count on Steam has been on a slow but steady rise since 2013. There are some seasonal spikes and dips but the overall trajectory is upwards. This shows the game’s enduring appeal and ability to retain players.
Spikes in Player Count:
Major spikes in the Steam charts usually correlate with:
• New major releases and content updates which attract both returning and new players.
• Special in-game events like April Fool’s events, Battle Pass seasons and anniversary celebrations.
• Collaboration with other popular games and franchises which bring in their fanbases.
Dips in Player Count:
The player count typically dips due to:
• Stale content that fails to attract or retain players.
• Issues and frustration with game economy, balance and progression.
• Bugs, glitches and server problems.
• Lack of major new content for some time.
As long as War Thunder continues to release substantial new content at a reasonable pace and addresses major issues and concerns raised by the community, it should be able to maintain a steady high player count on Steam. The gameplay style, huge vehicle roster and regular updates give it an edge over competitors.
So in summary, War Thunder’s Steam charts history indicates a successful free-to-play game with the potential to continue growing as long as the developers focus on quality new content, gameplay improvements and fair economy.