Gaijin Entertainment’s popular military vehicle MMO War Thunder is currently facing a wave of negative ‘review bomb’ feedback from frustrated fans, just ahead of its 10-year anniversary celebrations. The backlash began earlier this month after Gaijin implemented several controversial changes to the in-game economy. These tweaks significantly reduced the amount of Silver Lions currency and […]
btr 80 war thunder
The BTR-80 is a Soviet amphibious armored personnel carrier at rank V in the War Thunder tech tree.
BTR-80 in War Thunder Guide: Tips and Stats for Using this Amphibious APC
Here are some tips and stats to help you use it effectively:
• Crew: 3 (driver, gunner, commander)
• Armor: 14.5 mm maximum
• Primary armament: 30mm 2A72 autocannon
• Secondary armament: 7.62mm coaxial PKT machine gun
• Top speed: 90 km/h
• High speed and mobility – Can reach the objective quickly.
• Effective 30mm autocannon – Can destroy light tanks and disable heavier tanks.
• Amphibious – Can ford rivers and cross water obstacles.
• Small size – Difficult target to hit, especially at long ranges.
• Thin armor – Vulnerable to machine guns, autocannons and even some AT rockets.
• No stabilizer – Makes accurate fire on the move difficult.
• Slow turret traverse – Takes time to switch targets.
• Rush to key positions at the start of the match and lock them down.
• Use covered flanking approaches and ambush enemies from the side or rear.
• Engage targets from medium range (500-800m) where the autocannon is most effective.
• Avoid face to face confrontations with heavier tanks, use speed and mobility instead.
• Moving and firing reduces accuracy significantly so stop and shoot when possible.
In summary, the BTR-80’s high speed, autocannon and amphibious capability allow it to quickly capture objectives and catch enemy vehicles by surprise. But its light armor requires more cautious usage and avoiding direct confrontations. Follow these tips to maximize the APC’s usefulness for your team.