How to play Fortnite on iPhone and iOS again with Nvidia GeForce
Mobile Fortnite players can get ready to return to the island on their iPhone and iOS devices, despite the game being removed and banned from the App Store.
After months of back-and-forth legal proceedings between Apple and Epic Games, with iOS users unable to play Fortnite on their Apple devices for the duration of the lawsuit, it looks like things could be set to change.
While the game isn’t returning to the App Store, you’ll soon be able to play it via Safari on your iOS device thanks to NVIDIA GeForce.
Play Fortnite on iPhone and iPad
To play Fortnite on your iOS device again, you’ll have to be a GeForce Now (GFN) member and sign up to the closed beta, as announced on January 13, 2022.
Follow these steps below to play Fortnite on your iOS mobile device:
- Register or sign in to GeForce Now. You do not need a paid membership to participate.
- Sign up to the Fortnite closed beta.
- Wait for the beta to start rolling out in week commencing January 17.
- Once the beta starts up, you will be able to load Fortnite on
- GeForce Now in Safari and play the game once again.
If you want priority access to gaming servers, you can also upgrade to a Priority or RTX 3080 membership.
Play Fortnite on iOS Safari & Android devices with new touch controls
The new touch-control version means you can jump in and start playing right away with just the screen and your fingers, no gamepad or keyboard/mouse are needed.
How to play Fortnite on iOS devices after Apple ban: iPhone and iPad
Mobile players will finally be able to return to Fortnite on Apple devices after a new workaround has been revealed with Nvidia GeForce Now. Here’s everything you need to know.
The major legal dispute between Epic Games and Apple led to the battle royale game being completely removed from the iOS App Store, preventing millions of mobile players from experiencing Fortnite Season 4.
While the feud between the two mega-companies is still ongoing after the FreeFortnite movement took the battle to the court and doesn’t look set to end any time soon, as Epic’s motion to temporarily lift the restriction back in August was also denied.
how to install Fortnite for Android and iOS
Fortnite for Android has been out for a while now. So has the version for iOS hardware devices. However, in August 2020, Fortnite’s developer and publisher Epic launched a new direct payment system from inside the iOS and Android apps. That’s a major violation of Apple and Google’s policies, which require app developers to give up a large percentage of any revenue from apps or games that use their respective app stores.
In retaliation, Apple removed Fortnite from its iOS App Store, and Google also took the game out of its Play Store. While you can still download and install Fortnite via the Epic Games app without the Google Play Store, the same cannot be said for new installs for the game for iPhones or iPads. That’s the reason why some people have resold some iPhones with Fortnite pre-installed for thousands of dollars. However, you can install the Fortnite iOS app on your iPhone or iPad if you have previously downloaded the game on your device.
Install Fortnite iOS app on your iPhone or iPad
- Open the iOS app store, and then tap on the account icon on the top right corner.
- Tap on the Purchased section.
- Tap on the My Purchases option. You should see a long list of all of the app purchases you have made under your account.
- Search for Fortnite on your My Purchases page. When you find it, please tap on the cloud icon next to it.
- That’s it. You should be able to should then install the Fortnite iOS app on your iPhone or iPad.
Also read :
- How much does Chloe Kim Skin Cost In Fortnite? What about its Cosmetics and System?
- How to play Fortnite split-screen on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch?
- All Tank Locations in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2: Where to Find IO Titan Tanks?
- Fortnite Bouncers locations: Where to Find Bouncers? How to use them?
- Epic to host Concept Royale in Fortnite and the Conditions for submitting + Tow away beach