Blizzard is gearing up for the release of Diablo 4 Season 1 by preparing a significant update for the popular dungeon crawler. The upcoming Diablo 4 update 1.1.0 will launch on July 18 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC with its patch notes now released.
Although no official release time is specified, based on previous downloads, it is anticipated that update 1.1.0 will become available at 6 pm BST UK time. But while comprehensive patch notes will be provided closer to the update’s launch, Blizzard has already shared some of the changes players can expect to see in the game as part of Season 1.
Blizzard community manager Adam Fletcher has revealed that update 1.1.0 will be substantial, with the patch notes comprising 6,600 words.
Blizzard Notify Players of Diablo 4 Update 1.1.0 Patch Notes on July 18
Asked when the patch notes will be available in full, Fletcher told Twitter followers: “The notes are being localized. We have players globally so we tend to wait until they are localised fully. It’s 6600 words so it’s quite a lot.”
Fletcher also disclosed additional details about the Season 1 Battle Pass, specifically for players who have purchased the Digital Deluxe and Ultimate Editions of Diablo 4.
But customers who have acquired the Digital Deluxe and Ultimate Edition bundles will receive one unlock for the Premium Battle Pass.
But according to Fletcher, fans can save the Battle Pass unlock for a forthcoming season.
“People that that purchased Diablo IV Digital Deluxe and Ultimate Editions of the game receive one Premium Battle Pass unlock,” Fletcher tweets.
“You will be able to activate it via the Battle Pass menu after you start a seasonal character. Can be claimed for S1 or a future season.”
Moreover, see below for more information on the Battle Pass and early update 1.1.0 patch notes. Express Online will update the article with the complete patch notes once they become available.
Diablo 4 update 1.1.0 on July 18 and Season 1 early patch notes
• Eternal Realm = Normal and Hardcore characters that are non-season.
• Seasonal Realm begins 7/20 w/ Season 1.
• Normal characters on the Eternal Realm will have map/altar progression carry over to normal characters in the Seasonal Realm.
• HC characters on the Eternal Realm will have map/altar progression carry over to HC characters in the Seasonal Realm.
– HC characters must be alive w/ that progression to carry over.
– Normal / HC only feed into each other. Not both. They are separate buckets.
• After the 1.1.0 patch hits or anytime during the season you can log in with your most progressed character in Eternal Realm to carry that map/altar progress into your seasonal character.
• You can log on both after 1.1.0 hits and you will then have 15 collected altars on your seasonal character as it is additive.
• Completing the whole map/altars before 1.1.0 will be a nice boost for those that put in the work.
– For clarity: Starting in season one Sacred items have a level requirement CAP of 60 and Ancestral items have a level requirement CAP of 80.
– So items you find at level 100 will only require a level 80 character in order to equip!
• 7 Chapters of Seasonal Challenges
• Complete Objectives to Earn Favour
• Favour Progresses the Battle Pass
Obtain Malignant Hearts
• Explore Malignant Tunnels
• New Legendary Aspects
• New Unique Items
• New Boss Battles
Editor’s Picks: Diablo 4 Season 1: Release Date, Battle Pass Details