It’s 2022 and Wang Leehom’s saga is back in full force. In a quick response to ex-wife Lee Jinglei’s latest letter on the night of January 11, the Mandopop singer released a statement via his agency.
Wang Leehom Says Ex-Wife Has “Overactive Imagination” After Another Long Letter, Lee Jinglei Hits Back
Published on Apple Daily, the statement accuses Lee of an “overactive imagination” and questions why she didn’t call the police if the situation was threatening as she described it, noting that the police station is right next to the apartment.
Wang’s manager adds that two of the three men had been assistants serving the couple for 12 years, while the third is a bodyguard.
In a follow-up article, Apply daily reported that Wang was “heartbroken” that he could not see and hug his three children. The singer would also have been advised by his lawyer not to enter the apartment alone.
What’s she written in the letter?
Here is a translation and summary of the eight points she raised, addressed directly to Wang:
1. We’ve only been married eight years, but had an assistant for 12 years? Everyone knows he is your personal assistant who carries out every word you say.
2. If what I said was true, should I have filed a police report? I made a police report.
3. I have an overactive imagination? Please indicate which part was imagined by me, and I will complete the proofs for it.
4. You only wanted to visit the children? Not only was I in favor of it, but I actively asked you to do it. If you wanted to see the kids, why did you violate the terms of our agreement? No other parties are permitted except with our consent at the time. Why did you try to break in? Why did you continue to hide the fact, before and during the visit, that there was a third man with you?
5. Heartbroken at not being able to see the kids? When you had the freedom to visit them, you only planned to return during the Chinese New Year period (from February 1).
6. Did your lawyer advise you not to come back alone? What lawyer would ask you to break the deal and bring in three men without consent? Why did you want to turn off the surveillance camera if you were visiting the children? What could they pick up if not what could be worse than what you’ve already done? If you needed a witness, one would suffice, and you could have found someone everyone was comfortable with. Why did you have to bring so many others, when there was only me?
7. Use legal means? I would, but it takes a lot of time, money and energy, and it’s not fast enough to ensure my personal safety. Nor can it protect me from the mental strain you put on me every day.
8. Provide evidence if I have it? Of course, I’ll publish it if you’re ok with it… (I didn’t want it to reach that stage. After all, it contains a lot of private and sensitive information… I don’t know what needs to be censored and what is not.)
Wang Leehom divorce drama prompts warning by China’s Communist Party to Chinese celebrities
who is Wang Leehom ?
Wang Leehom, sometimes credited as Leehom Wang, is an American singer-songwriter, actor, producer, and film director.
(born May 17, 1976)
Formally trained at Eastman School of Music, Williams College and Berklee College of Music, his music is known for fusing hip-hop and R&B, with traditional Chinese music (Beijing opera, Kunqu, Chinese orchestra, and tribal music from Tibet, Yunan, and Mongolia). Since his 1995 debut, Wang has released 25 albums, that have sold over 60 million copies.
He is a four-time winner and 19-time nominee of the Golden Melody Awards, the “Grammys” of Chinese music. His sold-out concert at the 90,000 seat Beijing Bird’s Nest on April 14, 2012 was the first solo pop concert to be held at the iconic venue.
With over 72 million followers on social media, Wang is one of the most followed celebrities in China (peaked as #1 most followed person in China’s social media in 2014).
In 2018, CNN dubbed him “King of Chinese Pop” and the LA Times called him “the biggest American star America has never heard of.”
Wang was listed as one of Goldsea’s “The 100 Most Inspiring Asian Americans of All Time”.
In addition to his music, Wang has also acted in over twenty films, including Ang Lee’s Lust, Caution, Jackie Chan’s Little Big Soldier and Michael Mann’s Blackhat. He won Best Actor at the 2018 Macau Film Festival.
Asia Society presented the 2019 Game Changer Award to Wang Leehom at the U.S.-Asia Entertainment Summit.
What about their divorce?
On Wednesday, the U.S.-born Taiwanese pop singer shocked fans by announcing on his Facebook page that he is divorcing Lee, his wife of eight years. The couple have three children together. In his statement, he said his private life is “very simple and very pure,” so he would not be responding to any media requests. He said that despite their already filing for divorce and living apart, he and Lee will always be family.
Two days after the divorce announcement, Lee posted a nine-page statement on Instagram where she revealed details about her and Wang’s marriage. She said that their relationship was often unfair to her, and she was taken advantage of from the start.
What did the ex-wife say?
Lee, who is 10 years younger than Wang, spoke about how she first met Wang when she was only 16 years old. He had wooed her by chatting on the phone for over an hour every time he called and holding her hand when they went out. The day after they first had sex, he told her he did not want a relationship, according to her statement.
When they got married, she said she was forced to sign an unfair prenuptial agreement that would prevent her from sharing Wang’s wealth, whereas she now no longer feels that the property gained during their marriage only belongs to Wang. She claims that everything he has earned over the past eight years was a result of their joint partnership as husband and wife.
Lee also spoke about how she had to give up her job and her personal life under pressure from Wang to bear children.
What did she say about their children?
“Most of the time during our marriage, I’m either preparing to get pregnant, pregnant, or nursing after giving birth … of course, I like children myself, and I was the one who agreed to have them, but if I had known after having these three children you will leave our family because you want to live a ‘single’ life, and I would need to raise the three children as a de facto single parent, I would never have agreed,” she said, according to Taiwan News.
Was Wang unfaithful to his wife?
She said Wang was unfaithful to her with prostitutes and other celebrities and had an affair with a married woman.
At the end of her statement, Lee wrote, “I also hope you can face yourself honestly, ignore the world’s judgment, and be with the right person.”
Her cryptic final words have added fuel to the rumor that Wang has been in a closeted relationship with male concert pianist Li Yundi for the past eight years, which Wang has denied multiple times.
What is maladaptive daydreaming?
A person with maladaptive daydreaming will spend long periods engaging in structured daydreams or fantasies. It can affect your ability to focus on your studies or be productive at work. Professor Eliezer Somer of the University of Haifa in Israel first described the condition in 2002.
Maladaptive daydreaming shares featuresTrusted Source with behavioral addictions, such as addiction to internet gaming or alcohol. This daydreaming can be so intense that it distracts you from real life.
What are the signs of an overactive imagination?
extremely vivid daydreams with their own characters, settings, plots, and other detailed, story-like features, reflecting a complex inner world. daydreams triggered by real-life events. difficulty completing everyday tasks. difficulty sleeping at night.
How do I stop my overactive imagination?
Stick to a regular schedule. Rest and sleep, eat nutritious meals and snacks, and try to continue doing the things you need to, such as going to work, shopping for food, and cleaning your home. Take time out to do things you enjoy and that provide you with a sense of internal peace.
45 years (May 17, 1976). The singer, Wang Leehom, 45, was born in Rochester, New York, to Taiwanese parents and grew up to be a hugely popular singer-songwriter and actor in Asia. He had been held up as a role model for Chinese men by his fans, in part thanks to his longtime relationship with his former wife, Lee Jinglei, 33.
Choo Jin Yang Jimmy and 10 others like this. Caroline Huang, according to 王力宏 Wang Leehom’s Weibo updates dated 5 May 2016 03:30 CST, he has been a vegetarian since late April 2016.
Taiwan. Lee was raised in Taiwan and educated in the US. While the details of her divorce attracted widespread sympathy, her excellent language skills made her eminently likeable. Her Instagram followers soared to nearly 880,000 over the past week, and her Weibo followers tripled to over 4.6 million during that period.