Everybody 1-2-Switch! is a party game for the Nintendo Switch that was released on June 30, 2023. It is a sequel to the 2017 game 1-2-Switch, which was one of the launch titles for the Switch. The game features 17 team-based minigames, each with multiple variants, that can be played with Joy-Con controllers or smart devices. The game is hosted by a man with a cartoon horse head named MC Horace, who guides the players through the setup and rules of each game.
The game is designed to be easy to set up and play with any group size from 2 to 100 players. The game can be played in two modes: Team Contest and Free Play.
In Team Contest, two teams compete to see which one can win a certain number of games first. The games are randomly selected by MC Horace based on the players’ preferences, such as the control method, the game duration, and the difficulty level. The games are divided into four categories: Action, Brainy, Silly, and Wacky. Each category has different types of games that require different skills and strategies.
In Free Play, players can choose any game they want to play from the menu. They can also customize the settings of each game, such as the number of rounds, the time limit, and the variant. They can also view their records and achievements in this mode.
The games in Everybody 1-2-Switch! are varied and creative, ranging from summoning aliens to pumping balloons. Some of the games are:
- UFOs: Using a Joy-Con controller or a smart device, players have to follow rhythmic motions to send signals to aliens. The faster and more accurately they do it, the more aliens they can summon. This game belongs to the Action category and can be played with up to 8 players in Joy-Con mode or up to 100 players in smart device mode.
- Balloons: Using a Joy-Con controller, players have to work together to pump up a balloon to the right size without popping it. They have to pay attention to the sound and vibration of the controller to know when to stop. This game belongs to the Brainy category and can be played with up to 4 players in Joy-Con mode.
- Ice Cream Parlor: Using a smart device, players have to jot down a swirl of ice cream orders from customers. They have to coordinate well with their teammates, because there will be a test at the end. This game belongs to the Silly category and can be played with up to 100 players in smart device mode.
- Hip Bump: In this bunny-booty battle, players have to make a gentle bumping motion with their Joy-Con controller to knock their opponent out of the space. The last one standing wins. This game belongs to the Wacky category and can be played with up to 8 players in Joy-Con mode.
- Statues: Players have to freeze when a kid is looking at them and walk in place when the kid is looking away. They have to use their Joy-Con controller or smart device to detect their movement. The first one to reach the kid wins. This game belongs to the Wacky category and can be played with up to 8 players in Joy-Con mode or up to 100 players in smart device mode.
There are 12 more games in Everybody 1-2-Switch!, each with its own unique gameplay and rules.
The game also features two other modes for more competitive or casual play: Quiz Party and Bingo Party.
In Quiz Party, players have to answer trivia questions as quickly as possible. They can use their Joy-Con controller or smart device to buzz in and select an answer. The questions cover various topics, such as history, science, pop culture, and more. Players can also create their own questions and try out custom quizzes made by other players.
In Bingo Party, players have to mark off numbers on their bingo cards as they are called out by MC Horace. The first player or team to get a bingo wins. Players can choose from different bingo patterns, such as lines, squares, crosses, or letters.
Everybody 1-2-Switch! is a game that aims to bring people together and make them laugh. It has several features that enhance the social aspect of the game, such as:
- Express Yourself: When playing with Joy-Con controllers, players can throw balls at fellow Team Contest players in between games. When playing with a smart device, players can type up a note or an emoji for all to see.
- Snapshots: Players can use their smart device’s camera to take pictures during certain games. The pictures are then displayed on the TV screen or the smart device’s screen for everyone to see and react to.
- Records and Achievements: Players can view their records and achievements in the game, such as the number of games played, the number of wins, the best scores, and more. They can also compare their records and achievements with other players online.
- Online Play: Players can play online with other players around the world. They can join or create rooms for Team Contest, Free Play, Quiz Party, or Bingo Party. They can also chat with other players using voice or text.
Everybody 1-2-Switch! is available in both digital and physical formats for $59.99 USD. The digital version can be downloaded from the Nintendo eShop, while the physical version can be purchased from various retailers. The game supports multiple languages, such as English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, and more.
Everybody 1-2-Switch! can be played with any group size from 2 to 100 players. The game supports both Joy-Con controllers and smart devices as controllers. Joy-Con mode supports up to 8 players, while smart device mode supports up to 100 players. Players must be in the same room to play.