Rocket League twist on the traditional battle royale formula in Knockout Bash offers a perfect solution for players who are unsure about the genre.
Rocket League Knockout Bash
Through May 10, fans of the acclaimed vehicular soccer game can rev their virtual engines in a full-blown eight-player destruction derby. Instead of paving the path to victory with collaborative efforts, Knockout Bash’s free-for-all setting urges the players to eliminate all contenders by any means necessary. Although there are no goals or soccer balls present, Rocket League’s signature gameplay remains more or less the same in Knockout Bash, further expanding on its well-known driving and soccer mechanics.
The newly introduced mode takes place in three creative arenas: Calavera, Carbon, and Quadron. Since they are designed with versus battles in mind, players will come across numerous obstacles and restrictions that can easily compromise their position and get them thrown out of the arena almost instantly. The mode’s unique KO system, three lives, solo queues, and short duration make it stand out from the remainder of battle royale games, which is also why Knockout Bash may appeal to those unsure of how they feel about the competitive or team-based aspects of the genre.
Surrounding the three arenas is a translucent dome called the Safezone. As the destruction derby progresses, the Safezone begins to shrink, gradually increasing the danger for participants who venture beyond its borders, accidentally or otherwise. Gallivanting outside the Safezone for more than 10 seconds yields instant knockout, with the only exception being when the match transforms into a Sudden KO tournament past the six-minute mark. Afterward, every offensive move is boosted to its maximum power, and the unfortunate contenders who find themselves on the other side of the Safezone are momentarily disqualified.
Rocket League Knockout Bash Trailer
Introducing Knockout Bash, Rocket League’s newest in-game event! Survive the frenzy of Knockout LTM and unlock Spring-themed rewards.
How to play the Knockout Battle Royale game mode in Rocket League
Rocket League is normally most of the time a team game. However, in Knockout, there are no teams. There are a total of eight players in a free-for-all. The objective of the game is to knock all other opponents off of the platform.
You will have to be strategic about how you plan your attacks because each player only has three lives. When your lives are gone, you are eliminated from the competition. If you are knocked out of the safe zone, you will only have 10 seconds to make your way back into the safe zone otherwise you will lose a life.
As the game progresses, the safe zone will begin to shrink, just like you would see in any other Battle Royale genre video game. If the match is still going on after six minutes, the match will officially enter Sudden KO. At this point, any Attack or Throw will occur at maximum power and being knocked out of the Safe Zone causes an instant KO. It is a strategy Psyonix is using to speed up Knockout games that tend to go on for too long. Be the last car standing and you will be declared victorious.
How do you knock players out of the Safe Zone?
In the Knockout game mode, there are three core gameplay mechanics. You can either Attack, Block, or Grab. Attacking is just driving into your opponents to send them flying off the map. Just as you can imagine, the faster your car is going, the faster and farther your opponents will fly off the map.
If you notice an opponent coming speeding towards you, you are able to initiate a Block to try and block your opponent’s Attack.
Rocket League Knockout Mode Rules & Gameplay
If you’re eager to jump into the new Knockout mode in Rocket League, you can check out all of the rules and features below:
- Team Size – In Knockout there are no teams. Instead, 8 players compete in free-for-all action.
- Lives – Unlike Soccar, Knockout doesn’t have unlimited respawns. Players will have to watch their back because once you’ve been KO’d 3 times it’s game over.
- Safezone – Surrounding the arena is a translucent dome called the Safezone. When a player is knocked out of the Safezone, they must return within 10 seconds or they will be KO’d. Throughout the game the Safezone will shrink, increasing the danger. After 6 minutes the match will enter Sudden KO, where every Attack or Throw is maximum power, and being knocked out of the Safezone causes an instant KO.
- Hazards – Each Knockout Arena contains several Hazards, including Spikes and a Laser Grid that lies below the platforms. Touching a Hazard will result in an instant KO.
- Attack – Dodging into opponents will do a lot more than just bump them, in Knockout a well-placed Attack will send your opponents flying. Remember, the faster you’re going the harder you’ll hit.
- Block – Blocking will reflect Attacks back at your opponent. Be careful though, this will only work with proper timing otherwise your block will fail, leaving you wide open to an Attack.
- Grab – Hold the Grab button and dodge into an opponent to Grab them. Dodge again to throw them across the Arena.
KNOCKOUT BASH CHALLENGES in Rocket League
Battling it out in the Arena is no easy task, but a new batch of challenge rewards should help keep morale high. Unlock Spring-themed Items like the Florescence Wheels, Monarch Boost, or the animated Flutterby Decal as you smash your way to the top. Even the most dedicated fighters need to rest and recuperate, so why don’t you relax with a Golden Gift Basket? Throughout Knockout Bash, players can earn Golden Gift Baskets that unlock a mix of classic Items from the Victory, Accelerator, and Turbo Item Series.
- Stun – Players will be Stunned after being hit by an Attack, while being Grabbed, after being Thrown by a Grab, or after having an Attack Blocked. In this state, players are helpless and cannot control their cars. While Stunned, you can free yourself by mashing the Break Stun button.
- Enemy Lock-On – Instead of locking on to a ball, the camera is now able to lock on to opposing players. While locked on, the player can cycle through targets.
- Triple Jump – Double jump is SO retro. In Knockout, players can jump in the air twice before resetting their jumps by placing their wheels on the ground.
- Multi Dodge – Dodging power has been increased, and now Players can dodge up to four times in the air. No need to flip reset either, as there is no time limit to how long your dodge can be saved mid-air.
- Jump – In Knockout, jumping has much more vertical force than other Rocket League modes.
- Boost – Boost is a bit stronger in Knockout, which allows players to get back to the platform when they have been slammed into the distance by other players.
Grab: Hold the grab button while dodging to grab an opponent. Dodge again to throw. Triple Jump: Players may jump once on the ground and twice in the air.
As of today Psyonix has made Rocket League as free to play, as well as introducing a new platform.
PLAY ROCKET LEAGUE FOR FREE! Download and compete in the high-octane hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem! customize your car, hit the field, and compete in one of the most critically acclaimed sports games of all time.
Rocket League is a very fun game for kids, yet it can be challenging for younger kids (1-5). It is a good role model for kids, having them work in teams to get things done.
- What is Dotabuff? How to sign up and what are the features?
- Is Cookie Clicker a real game? How to play the game?
- What are the rules of Blackjack? How to play the game online?
- Where to find Elden Ring Smithing Stones? Where to farm Smithing Stones?
- How to get engravings in Lost Ark from ability stones? What are the best engravings?