Blackjack is a popular card game that is played in casinos all over the world. It is a relatively simple game to learn, but there are some strategies and techniques that can help you improve your chances of winning. One of the most important things to know is how to use blackjack hand signals.
Why Use Blackjack Hand Signals?
There are a few reasons why you should use blackjack hand signals. First, it is a quick and easy way to communicate with the dealer without having to say a word. This can be especially important in crowded casinos where it can be difficult to get the dealer’s attention.
Second, using hand signals can help you to keep your cards hidden from other players. This can be advantageous if you are playing a strategy that requires you to make decisions based on the strength of your hand.
Finally, using hand signals can simply make you look like a more experienced blackjack player. This can be helpful if you are trying to blend in with the crowd or if you are playing with a group of people who are more experienced than you.
Basic Blackjack Hand Signals
There are four basic blackjack hand signals:
- Hit: To signal that you would like another card, tap the table gently with your index finger.
- Stand: To signal that you are happy with your hand and do not want any more cards, wave your hand over your cards with your palm facing down.
- Double Down: To signal that you would like to double your bet and receive one more card, place a second stack of chips next to your original bet and tap the table with one finger.
- Split: To signal that you would like to split your hand into two hands, place a second stack of chips next to your original bet and hold up two fingers.
Additional Blackjack Hand Signals
There are a few additional blackjack hand signals that you may encounter, but these are the four most basic and most commonly used signals. Here are some additional signals that you may find helpful:
- Insurance: To signal that you would like to take insurance, place a separate stack of chips next to your original bet and say “insurance.”
- Surrender: To signal that you would like to surrender your hand, place your cards face up on the table and say “surrender.”
Also read: What are the rules of Blackjack?
Using Blackjack Hand Signals in Face-Up and Face-Down Blackjack
The hand signals listed above are for face-up blackjack, where both of your cards are dealt face up. If you are playing face-down blackjack, where both of your cards are dealt face down, the hand signals are slightly different.
To signal for a hit in face-down blackjack, scrape the table with your cards by pulling them towards yourself. To signal for a stand, place your cards underneath your chips. To signal for a double down or a split, place a second stack of chips next to your original bet and hold up one finger for a double down or two fingers for a split.
Tips for Using Blackjack Hand Signals
Here are a few tips for using blackjack hand signals effectively:
- Be consistent with your signals. Use the same signals every time, even if you are playing with different dealers. This will help to avoid any confusion.
- Be clear and concise. Make sure that your signals are large and easy for the dealer to see.
- Be respectful. Avoid using any signals that could be construed as rude or disrespectful to the dealer or other players.
Also read: how to play blackjack at a casino?
Blackjack hand signals are a simple and effective way to communicate with the dealer and to keep your cards hidden from other players. By learning the basic hand signals, you can improve your blackjack experience and increase your chances of winning.