Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were handed access to the Queen‘s own private staff and all the advice needed to help them settle into royal life, Princess Diana biographer Andrew Morton claims
Buckingham Palace did everything it could to help Meghan Markle adjust to royal life, a senior source has reportedly claimed.
Princess Diana biographer Andrew Morton has made fresh claims about the background to Meghan and Prince Harry’s split from royal life.
The author has updated his sensational biography of the Duchess of Sussex, featuring interviews with royal insiders who defended Buckingham Palace’s handling of the couple.
In it, he claims the Sussexes felt that they had been driven out by the ‘bullying’ attitude of Harry’s brother Prince William – which royal insiders denied.
The pair shocked the palace when they laid out their grievances with royalty in a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey last year, as they began their new life in Los Angeles with son Archie.
In the updated pages added to Morton’s book Meghan: A Hollywood Princess, serialised today in the Mail on Sunday, a royal source tells the author they agreed with claims the palace had ‘bent over backwards’ to help the duchess settle in to royal life.
Last year, it was reported that a palace official had said of Harry and Meghan: “People had bent over backwards for them. They were given the wedding they wanted, the house they wanted, the office they wanted, the money they wanted, the staff they wanted, the tours they wanted and had the backing of their family. What more did they want?”
Speaking to Mr Morton on Saturday evening, the source backed that account and denied any mistreatment of the couple by Prince William.
The insider insisted the royal family had done all it could to support Meghan, despite her interviews alleging the palace had failed to help her when she began suffering from poor mental health.
Harry told Oprah he reached a dark place as his wife became suicidal, and he struggled with his grief at his mother’s Paris car crash death.
But the palace insider backed the official’s account in an interview with Mr Morton, who had previously published 1992 with Diana: Her True Story.
Palace ‘bent backwards’ to help Meghan Markle adjust to royal life & spent hours reporting trolls, royal author says
THE Palace “bent over backwards” to help Meghan Markle adjust to royal life, a royal expert has claimed.
In the bombshell piece, the author of Meghan: A Hollywood Princess, Andrew Morton, also claimed a “formidable backroom staff” spent hours reporting trolls for the Duchess of Sussex.
In six new chapters of the book that was first published in 2018, Mr Morton said: “Far from abandoning Meghan, the Palace had a team which spent ‘hundreds of hours monitoring social media accounts’ and ‘violent threats were reported to police,” he wrote.
“Harry was the ‘prime mover’ in souring relations between the Sussexes and the Royal Family, but it was Meghan who ‘took the hit’.”
But it was the Cambridges’ attitudes towards the Sussexes that allegedly caused the devastating split.
“The Duchess of Cambridge’s coolness towards Meghan, and William’s alleged bullying contributed to a devastating ‘Cain and Abel’ fallout between the brothers,” Mr Morton wrote.
It has always been denied that the Duke of Cambridge bullied his family members.
Last year, both Harry and William stated that they were “deeply, deeply unhappy” about bullying claims.
The Duke of Sussex was originally said by a royal source to have felt pushed out of the royal family by his big brother.
But he spoke out with William slamming the “offensive” claims.
In a rare show of unity, their statement read: “Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between The Duke of Sussex and The Duke of Cambridge.
“For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful.”
More recently, royal author Robert Lacey claimed that William “threw Harry out” in a blistering row over the bullying claims against Meghan.
Mr Lacey has alleged William was furious after learning of a complaint made against the Duchess of Sussex by her former communications secretary.
But when he called his younger brother, Harry reportedly hung up on him.
And it’s claimed the brothers’ fury was so great, William split his household from Harry’s altogether, the Times reports.
A source friendly with the Duke of Sussex told Lacey: “William threw Harry out.”
also read :
- Norman Reedus and Helena Christensen’s Son (Mingus Lucien Reedus) Arrested
- How to Watch BTS Global Citizen Live Concert Performance? + Billie Eilish
- Jack Grealish’s girlfriend Sasha Attwood ‘received 200 death threats a day’
- Elon Musk & Grimes Break Up ! We Are Semi-Separated But Still Love Each Other
- Harry Potter star Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) collapses during (Ryder Cup) celebrity golf match
- Wilbur Soot : songs – Wiki/Biography – Minecraft Videos & skin
Prince Charles takes leaf out of Harry and Meghan’s book with big TV move
PRINCE CHARLES has taken a leaf out of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s book with a big new TV move.
After stepping down as senior members of the Royal Family last year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex secured multimillion-dollar deals with Netflix and Spotify in a bid to become financially independent from the Firm.
Now, Prince Charles has taken a leaf out of his son’s book as he has teamed up with Amazon Prime Video to launch a new TV channel.
To mark New York Climate Week, RE:TV looks to encourage businesses and individuals around the world to work towards sustainability.
Speaking in The Time to Act is Now film, Charles said: “I’ve spent a lot of my lifetime trying to engage people and businesses with the issues and solutions of the climate crisis.
“RE:TV was therefore set up with the aim of capturing the will and imagination of humanity and champion the most inspiring solutions for sustainability from around the world.
“I hope that with this partnership with Prime Video we can bring these inspiring innovations and ideas to a wider audience and demonstrate together what is possible in the pursuit of a sustainable future.”
The channel will highlight projects around the world working on initiatives that can help transform how business is done.
The launch on Amazon comes after RE:TV partnered with Waterbear, the first interactive streaming platform dedicated to the future of the planet.
Prince Charles’ move to TV comes after Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, shared information about an upcoming documentary on the environment.
William retweeted a post on his and Kate’s Kensington Palace Twitter account of the trailer for his new BBC show The Earthshot Prize: Repairing Our Planet.
The Duke of Cambridge of his global competition to find solutions to climate change in the five-part series.
Speaking in a short trailer, William said: “This is a moment for hope, not fear.
“It’s for this very reason that I launched the Earthshot Prize, the most ambitious environmental prize in history. A decade of action to repair our planet.”